Friday, September 9, 2011

Victory

We spent our evening cheering Westphalia on to Victory! Well, here is the real story of our first Westphalia game.
Tyler was so excited all day about going to the game, and he was very concerned that we were going to be late, so he reminded me several times through out the day that we have to go to Westphalia. When we get the school and head out on the field, Tyler has a mini meltdown, because he could not get a helmet and play with the football players (I had a feeling that would happen, Ty got very spoiled being able to practice with the players). Thankfully, some of Ryan's younger students were there and one little girl came and asked Ty if he wanted to go to the playground and play tag. Well, that little girl made Ty's day and he spent the entire game on the playground playing with the big kids. The only time he came over to me was when he wanted a drink from his Thermos or if he needed some pushing on the swing. I enjoyed sitting in the shade at a picnic table by the playground, chatting with a friend I had not seen in a while, and keeping a eye on Tyler.
Finally the end of the game buzzer sounded and Ty looked at me and was thrilled that it was finally time for him to go on the field. There were of course big hugs for Daddy, and that gave me a opportunity to check the score board. Nothing like finding out after the game is over that we WON!! :) I guess I am still learning the ropes of being a Coaches wife... HA!










The two Coaches with their biggest fans!





All day yesterday I reflected on our first Westphalia Football game of last year, and how incredibly bittersweet that first game was for our family. It was a "first" with out Landry, but yesterday and even as I am typing this I have tears coming to the surface thinking how the "seconds" can sometimes be just as hard as the "firsts". I still longed to have Ryan's other biggest fan there to cheer him on, but I do think special father son moments, like last night will always leave me longing for our second precious boy. Even a year later my heart still aches for our littlest and the memories I wish he were apart of.

Congratulations Westphalia on your Victory last night! We can't wait to cheer you on to many more successful victories this year!












No comments: