Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day and Papa's Surprise Party

What a wonderful and very busy Father's Day. It started by church (Ty loves the nursery), Brunch at Ghee and Poppy's house, and then all of us loaded in my parents car and headed to Fort Worth for a BIG 60th Surprise Birthday Party for Papa/Roy! Linda/Nana and all of the siblings did a wonderful job preparing a wonderful celebration. The best part is Papa did not expect a thing. I think he was blown away when there were 30 of his closest friends and family yelling Surprise! We had a wonderful Mexican feast, which Ty loved by the way. Beans, rice and tortilla's. Ty's favorite. Ghee and Poppy were even there! What a blessing that all of our families can come together! That is very special for Ty and something I will always cherish.
The best gift was the video slide show that Ryan created of Roy. It started with pictures from Roy growing up, all the way to pictures with friends, Linda, kids and grandchildren. It was a wonderful tribute. Ryan had been working on the slide show since April. I believe this DVD will be something that Roy and Linda will treasure for a long time. Good work, Ryan.
Sunday was a very long day, but it was wonderful being able to share it with family. Ty was a little trooper considering the party was still going during his bed time. I brought his crib for him and tried to put him down, but he wanted to be where all of the action was. So, despite being up way past his bed time, Ty hung in there. I was actually OK, too! You know how I am about my schedule. Ty crashed in the car and was thrilled when he was home in his own bed.
Ty and his Poppy

Ty with his Papa and cousin Jacob

Cousin Caleb joined the picture. The three youngest grandchildren on the Steele side.

Today Ryan is in a golf tournament! Good luck Jerrod and Ryan. Tyler and I are cleaning and doing laundry. I think we will head to the pool a little later.
We have yet another busy week, but on Friday I leave for my Girl's Weekend.

No comments: