Sunday, June 1, 2008

Stuff, Stuff, and More Stuff

I sit and look at all of this stuff that we are putting in our garage sale on Saturday and I wonder where it all came from?
We had a lovely weekend filled with dust, boxes and our attic. I looked through old high school and college boxes trying to part with some of it and I just can't seem to get rid off it. However, I was able to get rid of some of my teaching stuff. Why was that so easy? It seems odd that I complain about all of the stuff that we have in our attic and most of it is my stuff that I can't part with it! Why is that? I will admit I have my seasonal decorations in the attic, too! That stays.
Maybe one of these days I will learn how to part with my past memorabilia. For now it is safe in our attic.
We decided to do a garage sale with my parents since they have stuff they would like to sale just like us! So, Saturday is our big garage sale day! Hopefully it will be a huge success like the one we had last July. We will keep our fingers crossed. If the futon goes then I will call it a success!

6 comments:

Heather B. said...

Honey, I hear you on the STUFF!! I have so much high school and college stuff too. It is all safe and sound either here at my house or my parents storage room!!! I am not sure I will able to get rid of it EVER!!! And that is ok with me. They were great memories and I like to look back on them every now and then. So if you don't get rid of them, IT IS OK!!! I will be posting on my blog about you a little later.

I hope your garage sale is a big hit!! We may come by and visit!

Heather B. said...

I wasn't trying to make you cry!!! I just wanted everyone to know what a good friend you have been over the years!!!!!

We Four Explorers said...

I found your blog some time ago and I like to look in on it from time to time. We, too, have lots of stuff to go through; I just need to find the time. But it's fun once you do, to take a trip down memory lane! Take care, J~

Megan said...

Cute post - feeling your pain on having sooo much stuff everywhere! Happy POW!

Rachel said...

Good luck with the garage sale. That's one of the things I miss most about America!

McMommy said...

So funny that you wrote this....I was just telling my mom the other day "We should have a garage sale!". But then I got all nervous about how much time/preparation it would entail....however, you JUST may inspire me to do it. Let us know it goes!