Friday, May 20, 2011

Amazed and Humbled

Tuesday Night the Junior League of Bell County hosted our Annual Dinner Celebration. This is a night were celebrate the Successes of of our year, and start getting excited about the year to come. Members find out their placements for next year which is always my favorite part. I love seeing who steps up to become a Chair. I am always very pleased and humbled when I see several names that I had the honor of welcoming in to our league and training them to take the next step, and take charge of a Committee and lead and develop successful projects.
I can honestly say that for me personally, this year was my most challenging year in so many ways. I remember the weeks and months after Landry, I had a hard time getting focused and on track. The work that always seemed very enjoyable became overwhelming, and at times I would have to be reminded several times to turn something in. However, I never stopped going to any of our events, I never missed a Board Meeting or General Membership Meeting, and I still went to all of our Community Volunteer Events, even if deep down my heart and my mind were else where. How could I give up on a League that was not giving up on me, and that pulled together to love and support my family during our darkest hours. We did not have to worry about meals for 2 months and they put together TWO amazing Memorials for our sweet, Landry. This year I was reminded and I think Ryan finally realized (Ryan loves to tease me about the JL) what an amazing group of women who have the most amazing Servant Hearts that always give no matter what, the Junior League of Bell County is made up of. I am truly blessed to be apart of JLBC and I have goosebumps thinking of the impact that they not only make in my life but the life of so many others.
Tuesday night we also pass out several Awards, and this year I was honored to be one of the recipients. I was amazed and humbled when I heard my name attached to the Cornerstone Award, and I was in tears when I finally knew it was me. Thank you, Rebecca for your amazing words. I love you.
I have never had the opportunity to receive this special honor, and I am so blessed and thankful to all the members who voted for me. I open up my heart and serve because I want to make a difference, and I know each and every year we do just that. Thank you JLBC for having faith in me this year, for not giving up on me when I was struggling, and for having absolute faith in me for the years to come. June 1st marks our transition period, and that is when I will officially become President Elect. I realized yesterday through numerous emails that my life is going to become just a little more hectic, Bring It On! (Below you will find the description of my award)
The Cornerstone Award-


Presented to a member who is considered to be apart of the foundation of the League. She is reliable, trustworthy, and will always be a source of strength for others.

1 comment:

Jen said...

so proud of you! love you sweet friend :)