Thursday, May 19, 2011

May 16th

Many of you have significant Dates that will always stick out in your mind; Birthdays, Anniversaries, September 11, the Death of a loved one.... the list could go on. For me May 16th will always hold a special place in my heart as it is the date of my Brother's Birthday. My Brother, Justin died 21 years ago but May 16th will always be bittersweet for me.
This year was a little harder and I know that had to do with Landry, but I found myself in tears when I was leaving the gym. I thought how I wish I could just pick up the phone and call him, or be able to see him to give him a hug. Being the younger sister, we had a love hate relationship. I loved and adored Justin and I know sometimes I annoyed him, but I know that deep down he loved me. Right before the accident I felt as if we were finally becoming close, but now I just find myself wondering what our relationship would be like today.
Finally through my tears and praying I started thinking about Justin and Landry celebrating together, and what a beautiful and wonderful celebration they had. It breaks my heart to think that Justin has never met his namesake, Tyler Justin. I know he is so proud of his Nephew, and I know he loved watching him play soccer this year. However, I find Hope in knowing that Justin is with his second Nephew, Landry and one day we will all be together again for Eternity.

Ryan was running late on Monday, and as soon as he got home, Tyler ran out to greet him. All of sudden Tyler hands me the most Star Gazer Lilies, and a card. I looked at Ryan and asked him what they are for, and he said "you know what today is right?" Tears streamed down my face because Ryan also knew what May 16th meant to me. Thank you, Ryan for remembering. That touched my heart more than you will ever know. Star Gazer Lilies really represent my family and I love them, and what they symbolize.


Some Dates just bring so many emotions, and it seems like I have a lot of those dates coming up very soon.

2 comments:

Ghee and Poppy said...

Justin to Holly....you are the most wonderful sister I could ever imagine and yes I loved watching Tyler Justin play soccer....and right again,Landry was right there by my side...we love you, Tyler and Ryan so very much...(pause...for effect)...we'll talk again............Yours Forever

Cindy said...

Love the lilies. Love your family! Found a pic of Justin and Chad the other day when I was packing...they were playing soccer. :)