Saturday, May 7, 2011

Packaged With Love

Thursday I received the most beautiful and breathtaking package. When I saw the box by our front door yesterday my heart leap and tears immediately filled my eyes, because the box was from Hope Mommies (Operation Mother's Day). The goal for this wonderful organization was to provide a special gift to grieving Mother's on a day that is going to be bittersweet for so many of us. The painting is absolutely beautiful and the story it depicts is breathtaking.

The most amazing part about this gift is mine was funded by a complete stranger just for me. A amazing women wanted me to have this gift and there was a special note added in my box. Once again I am reminded by the beauty of others and brought to tears by the random acts of kindness that continue to come our way. I will post pictures tomorrow after I know that all of the Hope Mommies have opened theirs. I am in awe of how Hope Mommies has grown and how they have been able to reach out to numerous women struggling to find a new normal and who long to hold their babies again. Hope Mommies received enough funds to ship 22 special Mother Day packages. Wow!


This week has been really difficult for me as I have been gearing up for tomorrow. I was with a group of women last week, and someone asked how I was handling the up coming Mother's Day, and all of a sound another voice spoke out and said "Why is Mother's Day going to be hard for you?" You are a Mom to Tyler." I really did not know how to respond that, so I just left it at that. I am so blessed to be the Mom of a wonderful little boy, but there is also another little who made me a Mother that I can't help but miss. Today I have found myself having mini meltdowns when I linger too long on tomorrow and Landry. However, like most bitter sweet days it always seems like the days leading up to the event are much harder than the actual day.

The one thought that has been holding me together is knowing I am not alone. I have Gods amazing Grace that is going to carry me through tomorrow, a beautiful painting that reminds me of the Hope I have in Heaven, and several amazing Friends that are also missing their babies that made the Mom. I cling to the Hope that I will find numerous blessings through this difficult bittersweet weekend.


No comments: