Sunday, May 1, 2011

That's A Wrap

Ty's first Trophy! Too bad his face did not show his excitement.













Yesterday marked the end of our first Soccer Season. I wish I could say that our last game was wonderful and fun (well, it started out that way) but poor Tyler was so upset by the end of the game and there was nothing that was going to make him better.



We played a really good team, or at least a team that had one 4 year old player that played last year that was their star player. This little girl scored 14 goals and every kid that was on the court with her had a hard time getting the ball from her, even her own teammates. Needless to say Ty was out on the court every time she was and he fought and ran so hard to get the ball, and then toward the end of game he fell and immediately ran up to me and when he was close enough to me he broke down in tears and that was the end of Ty's season. Not even Ty's first trophy could make him feel better.



I started wracking my brain to decide what could have gone wrong because our first 3 games Ty was on cloud 9. I finally decided that our first 3 games we were playing younger/first time players and Ty scored a lot which he loved. Last week and this week we played older/second time players and Ty had a hard time getting the ball and scoring. It breaks my heart that we already have to deal with competitiveness and a broken heart when the game does not go just right, because thinking back on it Ty was upset last weekend, and he told Ryan that he was upset because he did not score many goals. However, we always reassure him that he is best no matter the out come and we are so proud of him. Well, same thing this week... Poor Ty woke up this morning and said to me " That girl was just too fast, and I could not get the ball".



Overall we had a blast this month with our biggest and we are so proud of him and we also had a amazing Coach that helped make our first season even more special and memorable ( We love you, Daddy)!



I am already counting down to the Fall when we can start outdoor Soccer!! I love being a Soccer Mom.














No comments: