Sunday, May 8, 2011

A New Look On Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all of you amazing Mom's in this world. I hope your day is filled with many special blessings. This Mother's day has made me reflect on so many different women, and how we are all special and unique in our own way. I think of the Women that are Mom's, Mom's missing their own Mother, Mom's missing a Child that is Heaven, Women longing to become a Mother, and Mom's that gave up their own child to give him/ her a better life and allow another Women to become a Mom.
This Mother's day has also made me realize how much heartache this day can hold for many Women. This Morning our Church held a Baby Dedication and there were over 40 babies being dedicated today, and there were 3 babies that were 9 months old (same age that our Littlest would be). The tears just fell and just kept falling through out the whole dedication. I was thankful for Ryan's hand and a hug from a dear friend, I love you Jen. The rest of the service left me feeling drained and numb. At point our Pastor asked everyone that was not a Mother to stand, and you saw a lot of men standing but I noticed several young women standing up and I could not help but wonder if deep down they were longing to become a Mom. I know several Friends that are struggling to become a Mom, and my heart breaks for them. I can only imagine how hard this day is for them.
After Church Ryan and Tyler treated me to Lunch at the Olive Garden. It was a very special treat indeed. After lunch we headed home and Ryan and Tyler started doing some yard work, so I snuck away to visit Landry's Grave Site. I ended up sitting there for a while and I could not help but notice a lot of cars coming in out of the Cemetery, and as I staring at all the headstones in the Baby Land area I immediately started praying for all of those Moms that have had to bury a Baby much too soon. Just as I was leaving I noticed another Baby that just went heaven. This Baby makes 9 babies, including Landry that have died since July of 2010. They have run out of room on Landry's row so they started a new row for this precious, little girl that went home to Jesus on April 29. My heart is breaking for this women and I am still in shock of all the deaths of babies in Temple this past year.
This Mother's Day made me realize just how much heartache there is out there, especially on Mother's Day. Up until today I never thought of Mother's Day as a bittersweet day, but I am so thankful to God for opening up my eyes to all the pain there is on a day like today.
This Day has also made me reflect on just how thankful I am that God chose me to be the Mom of Tyler, Landry, and our 3rd blessing. My heart truly longed for Landry today, but then again I long for Landry everyday, I guess it was just a little more intense today. I love being a Mom and It's truly the greatest gift, even though that title brought a lot of pain and heartache to me this year. I will be for ever grateful for all the tears during this Season of life, because it means that I'm a Mom of two beautiful boys. I will love you always and Forever, Tyler Justin and Landry James.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

That was beautiful Holly. My heart sank when I read about the new little girl who went to Heaven on April 29th. The month of April is special to me because it is the month of Sierra's birth, and the 29th is the date of Adelyn's birth.

Jen said...

prayed for you all day. love you so much sweet friend!