Monday, May 16, 2011

Transformation

The famous, Reading Terminal Market on Thursday evening for the Opening Reception. Pam and I loved this place and went there 3 more times, before we left. The food and decaf Coffee was amazing. Thankfully it was right across the street from our Hotel.




The Closing Ceremony on Saturday night. I love my President Elect.... I think we are going to make a great team.


The bottom is me pictured with some of the West Texas President Elect, Elects. We will get to become close friends over the next two years. Here are the Leagues pictured: Wichita Falls, Amarillo, Bell County, El Paso, Midland, Lubbock, Odessa, and Mcallen. Truly a dynamic group of women I am sure you have all been wondering where I have been the past few days, well I had the privilege of attending the Association of Junior Leagues International Annual Conference in Philadelphia! I left early Wednesday Morning with my fellow President Elect, Pam and we got home yesterday afternoon. It was a high impact week with so much amazing information and so many stories of how Women really do make a strong impact on our Communities. I still get goose bumps thinking about how amazing it to be apart of this truly amazing Organization that is impacting the lives of others all around the world.


There were 256 leagues present at Annual Conference, representing the United Kingdom, Mexico, Canada, and the United States. Thank you JLBC for allowing me this amazing opportunity and for entrusting me as your President for the 2012-2013 League year.



I loved Philadelphia and we were able to find some time to see some of their famous sites, which I will save for another post. The majority of our days were spent in meetings that engaged and inspired me, and I have already made notes on some things I would like to bring to JLBC. We created some lifelong memories and discussed how vibrant the Junior League is to our community, and that every single league member around is part of our amazing "Transformation."

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I think I detect a little bump in that middle picture? Too cute Holly! Love you!