Sunday, May 22, 2011

Parade Of Homes

The past two weekends our Temple Area Home Builders Association puts on a Parade of Homes where our area Home Builders can show case their houses. Needless to say our favorite Home Builder (my Dad) had a Home in this years parade. Our family, well at least Tyler has spent a lot of time helping Poppy with his home. You could find Tyler in Salado almost every weekend helping Poppy will all of his last minute touch ups. Ty did a lot of the landscaping and measuring. Ty loves Poppy the Builder, we even have a song .
Yesterday we decided to go take the tour and check out all the other houses. I love going through new homes... I guess you can say I got that from my Dad. Every single family vacation while I was growing up all ways ended with touring homes. My Dad still knows where all the open houses are.
Our first stop yesterday was Poppy's House in Salado. Tyler was sporting Poppy's work shirt, but he was not too happy when he found out we were leaving, and Ghee and Poppy were not leaving with us. We toured 2 other homes that were in Salado and then we hit Belton and Temple. We did not get through all the houses but we saw 7 of them. Of course I am so bias when it comes to touring homes, because out of the ones we saw my Dad's was my favorite hands down. My Parents make a awesome team and they build beautiful homes.
After we toured all of the homes we asked Tyler if he liked looking at all the homes, and then we asked him which one was his favorite and Tyler said, "Poppy's House." I did not tell him to say that. :) Earlier today we were talking about the houses and Poppy's House and Tyler told me his favorite was Salado! I think Tyler may be a little bias, too! I think that means we both have good taste.

No comments: