Saturday, August 13, 2011

4 Year Check Up

Tyler had his 4 year old check up on Thursday. Needless to say Ty was not too excited about going to the Doctor to get a check up, but he did really well considering at the end of his appointment he would be getting 4 shots! I think it also helped that Ghee was there with us. My Mom came along so I could spend some time talking to Dr. Black. I had a lot of questions, and she was so wonderful and offered a lot of helpful advice and put me at ease about a lot of things. I worry a lot about Ty and how all of these changes/transitions will effect him once again. We just try hard to include him in everything so he never feels left out, and we really wait and let him bring things up.... He did really well with Landry and our hope is that he will do just as well this time around.
We are very fortunate that we do not have to go to the Doctor that often (very blessed and hope that it stays that way) so I think this was only his 3rd time to see Dr. Black..... we just switched Pediatricians last year when Ty turned 3 and I have been so thankful for that switch.
We had a few firsts at this appointment. Ty had his blood pressure checked and a mini eye exam (that was interesting). Tyler weighs 47 pounds and he is 43 3/4 " tall!!! Tyler does not match that of a typical 4 year old, but his weight and height are right in sink with one another. I have always known that Ty does not look his age, but he is healthy and that is all that matters to me.
The 4 shots were the worst part of the appointment, but Ty was a trooper. The only thing that he did not like about the shots were the band aids. Ty is not a fan of band aids, and he ripped those off as soon as we got in the car.
My prayer is that we have another healthy year and Ty will love that he is all done with his shots until 7th grade. I adore this precious 4 year old boy that brings complete JOY to our lives. I also loved that Ty wanted me to sit next to him during most of his check up. Ghee's lap was also very nice, too.






1 comment:

Heather B. said...

We go to Dr. Black too!! We just LOVE her so much!!! I am glad that you love her as well. She is truly amazing!!! Yay for healthy 4 yr olds!!!