Friday, August 19, 2011

Beautiful Gift

Every good and perfect gift is from above.
James 1:17

This Morning we got another sneak peak of Tyler and Landry's little sister, Georgia Kathryn. She looked absolutely perfect and already weighs 3 pounds 12 oz! I am still praising God for this beautiful blessing and precious gift from above.
This was my first time to see one of our babies at 30 weeks, so I loved seeing how much she had grown. I guess the best part is she is still a girl! We were joking that it would be funny if it was a boy..... I am sure he would have loved his pink room. :) I am also so thankful for our amazing Doctor who has been so wonderful during this whole journey.
We spent a lot of time looking at her brain and everything looked great, but it is so hard to know that if we would have seen anything with Landry at this point......we will never know what caused Landry to have massive bleeding in his brain. I could drive myself crazy trying to understand how, why, and when everything went wrong with Landry, but Landry was meant to spend Eternity with our Heavenly Father. We are just blessed and thankful for all the time we had with our littlest, and we feel even more blessed that God is showing us a true blessing in allowing us the opportunity to become parents to a 3rd child, our little girl.
Today was also extra special for me, because Georgia Kate's, Ghee and namesake was able to share in this special Joy with me this Morning. Ryan had football practice this Morning so he was not able to attend, and I did not want to go by myself so I immediately thought of my Mom. Tyler loved this Morning because he got to go to football practice with Daddy, and enjoy some much needed Daddy time. Ryan has been working a lot of long and late hours this week so Ty has not seen a lot of Ryan, so today was a special treat for our biggest.
Georgia Kate is a very active little girl, and she is already trying to breath on her own. It looked like she was trying to talk to us a lot because she kept opening her little mouth.... when she had enough of us looking at her she would put her hands in front of her face. I adore all of her little features and cherish feeling her precious kicks and flips. Daily God is showing us that he always provides a rainbow at the end of a painful storm.


1 comment:

Heather B. said...

I am so glad she looks perfect!!! It is amazing to me that you only have 10 weeks left! I can't wait to meet her and for you to experience being a girl Mommy!!!