Wednesday, August 24, 2011

First Day Of School

Today marked Tyler's first day of School. I loved seeing Ty in his School Uniform and grabbing his back pack as we headed out the door for our first day of Pre K! That seems really strange to type.... Ty is really growing up way too fast.
Drop off was a little uneasy for Ty as we found out that his original Teacher that we met on Sunday decided yesterday afternoon that she was leaving the School and not going to fulfill her contract. Thankfully, they hired a new PE teacher this year that is new to the area but is extremely qualified, so Mrs. Jones is now Tyler's teacher and she seems so wonderful. Ty told me today at pick up that he really liked her.
I can't wait to see what this year holds for Tyler and Ryan as they both began a new School year this week. I am so proud of them both and I can't wait to see all of their accomplishments through out the year. The hardest part of leaving this Morning was having to put down the Ipad!
Ty was explaining to me in this picture that there was nothing in his back pack (except for the extra change of clothes) and it should be full. Thankfully, he left School with a take home folder and his Friday t-shirt! He loved telling me when I picked him up that his back pack was full.





All grown up. Walking in to our first day of Pre-K!


We did have a little fight over the back pack, but of course it was a battle that I knew I would not win. For those of you that know me I love everything to be monogrammed. My Mom found this back pack for Ty and gave it to him before we went to San Diego, so he would have a fun carry on for the plane. Well, I knew that Ty would not want to carry his personalized back pack that he has after he saw this really cool Cars back pack...... as you can see I was right! So my solution is to take and have his name put on this back pack.... we will be doing that tomorrow. :) I am sure Ryan is rolling his eyes at this right now, but I can't help it! Trying hard to get a good picture, but Tyler told me while I was taking his picture that he was practicing his mean face. I adore this boy, mean face and all!


Ty with his class and his new Teacher, Mrs. Jones. I got this from Facebook.... I love that Ty's school has a FB page. :)




We celebrated the first day of School with lunch at McDonald's with some of our friends. This was our Wednesday tradition last School year, so I hope it continues. Ty got a special Ice Cream treat with M&M's after he ate his lunch! I am so proud of our Biggest, and I hope and pray that we have a wonderful and positive experience this year.

No comments: