Monday, August 29, 2011

It's Official

I'm a Minivan Mom! Giddy is the best way to describe how I feel about this huge purchase..... I felt like a little kid at Christmas opening presents when we drove out the dealership on Saturday evening.
We have been talking about getting me a new car for a long time, but it just never seemed like the right time or unexpected expenses would arise. Last Monday Ryan brought it up again and he started sending me pictures of Cars on line. We looked at the dealerships in Temple but everything we found, or that I wanted had a huge price tag on it! I knew I wanted a Minivan because they are so wonderful and practical when it comes to Children. I think it's funny that I wanted a Minivan, because I swore that I would never drive one..... never say never.
On Saturday we headed to Killeen to look at the dealerships there, and we found several vans that were with in our budget, but non of them met my criteria. This is the first time that I actually had a long list of "wants" when it came to a car. I'm sure I was driving Ryan crazy but I did not want to settle, and after our second dealership in the HEAT I think we were both prepared that we would not find anything..... We decided to make another stop and it tuned out to be our last and longest stop!
We finally found a Dodge Grand Caravan that had everything I wanted plus a little extra! Of course it was a little more than what we were wanting to spend, but Ryan was able to get it to where he felt comfortable in making such a huge purchase. After it was all said and done Ryan said; Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas!
I am so in love and ready to fill it up with Car Seats and Soccer Balls (Ty starts Soccer practice tomorrow).












Tyler loves our new car, and gives it two thumbs up! One of my favorites, and Tyler's is the DVD player.... I asked for one and got two.
Ryan and I were so impressed with Tyler on Saturday...... he lasted all day until we drove home in our new van at 8 pm on Saturday.


Tyler was such a trooper so we made a special stop at Toys R US for a new DVD (testing out the DVD player in the car) and a special gift that Ty got pick out. Thank you, Ryan for making me a Minivan Mom! I love my new swagger wagon!






1 comment:

Andrea said...

Welcome to the mini-van club! Love that new swagger wagon! :)