Thursday, August 18, 2011

Traveling Companion

I lift up my eyes to the hills- where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip- he who watches over you will not slumber; he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
The Lord watches over you- The Lord is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.
The Lord will keep you from all harm-he will watch over your life; The Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore. Psalm 121:1-8

This Summer at Church we have doing a series titled Selah- stop, listen, and reflect. The series is based on the book of Psalm's. Sunday we studied Psalm 121. The message really hit home, because over the past year we have been on a journey.... it was journey we were not planning on having to take, but along the way we have found help and that help has come from the Lord.
I love that we serve a watchful, caring, and protective God. I know that I will never fully understand why Landry or my Brother was not meant for this earth, but I do know that God has never left our side for one minute. God does not take a break from us, he who watches over you will not slumber.
I have witnessed over and over during these unfathomable heartaches that God always brings you out of your utter despair stronger than ever. He shows you that he can and will turn your ashes into beauty, and He will fill you with Peace, Hope, and Love while you trust and look to Him for shelter during the storm. Who do you trust in the storm? When your life is shaken will you turn to God for help? We have a " Traveling Companion" on the journey of life.... TRUST Him!

No comments: