Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Packing Away Dreams

Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart.
Psalm 27:14

Yesterday I tackled the closet in Landry/Georgia Kate's room. That closet held all of Landry's belongings that I have dreaded going through again. You know there are so many aspects of loosing child that are so hard and painful, but for me the bedroom is one of the worst parts. I feel as if I am packing and putting away all of the hopes and dreams I had for Landry and our family. We added on to our house when we found out we were pregnant with Landry, and our house has been ready for a growing family for over a year. I am ready for our rooms to be full of love and laughter.
I am so thankful for the Hope in our hearts as we prepare to welcome our Little Girl in to our home. GK's amazing Daddy is currently painting her walls with her special color, so as we packed away our hopes and dreams... again for our littlest, we are planting and creating new memories for Tyler and Landry's Little Sister, Georgia Kate. I am so thankful for all the tubs of boy stuff, but I am even more thankful for a dash of pink to add to the mix.

3 comments:

Jen said...

in tears- such a beautiful post. I have been praying for you this week. Hugs sweet friend.

Tara said...

I haven't commented in a while, but I know this is one of the toughest things I had to do. I've had nearly 2 years and there are still some things I haven't dealt with in that closet.
We are expecting a little girl now and I'm with you - the pink is a little easier to deal with. I'm not sure my heart was ready for a little boy again.
Praying for peace of mind and that God will prepare your hearts for this little girl!

Andrea said...

Holly, this post is so poignant and profound. I was moved to tears reading it. I'm so glad that you are feeling hopeful and excited for the future. I am so looking forward to meeting little Georgia Kate. Landry will never be forgotten, but it is definitely time for some sugar and spice and everything nice!