Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Remembering


As I was putting Ty to bed tonight I was remembering what it was like to put him to bed when he was just a month old. I would always put him right down to bed, but the past month I have found my self holding on to Ty just a little bit longer. At times I wish I could slow down time, but then there is part of me that can't wait to watch out precious Ty grow up.
Bedtime was so peaceful tonight. I will not say the same for bath time. Poor Ty had a little tantrum while I was trying to put him in the tub. Fun! He would not sit down, so I bathed him on my lap while he was screaming. Can we say tired.
Ty has been testing me the past two days with his second nap. Ty will go down in the morning, but when I put him down for his second nap he will not go to sleep. I keep him in there for an hour or so, and he just plays and talks to himself. Maybe he is telling me he just needs one nap, because I have read that they will drop a nap on their own. That is fine, but just a morning nap leads to a long afternoon, and a fussy baby most of the time. Therefore, tomorrow I will be putting Ty down at our one nap time frame that we do on Sunday's and morning play groups. We will see how that goes. I am determined to get Ty back on his routine.
Tomorrow we have a swim playgroup with three of Ty's friends. I can't wait. Today we searched high and low for party favors. I am just lost at what to get. This is all new to me. We will search again tomorrow. However, I did talk to the women doing the cakes for Ty's party and I can't wait to see them. Thanks Lindsay for passing her information along to me.
Have a peaceful night.

1 comment:

Heather B. said...

Oh sorry about him testing you at nap time. Kendall did the same thing to me and I had to move her nap to around 12:30pm. It has worked wonders. She usually sleeps for about 3 hours. Maybe adjusting his morning nap time to a bit later will help transition him to only one nap a day!!!