Friday, July 11, 2008

Texas Rangers Baseball Game

Yesterday the Dad's in my life got to use their Father's Day gift to attend a Rangers baseball game. No class for Ryan on Thursday's. For those of you who don't know, I have a cousin, Josh Frasier that works for the Texas Rangers in the bull pen and also does a lot of their media work. So, I decided to contact my Aunt Mary Grace, my Dad's Sister and Josh's Mom to see if she could pull in strings for us, and did she ever.
Ryan, my Dad, and Roy (Ryan's Dad) got some VIP treatment last night at the ball game. They got to park underneath the stadium with my Aunt and Uncle, tour Josh's office, go out on the field, and in to the bull pen area. They sat where the families get to sit, but I don't think they got to meet any players, due to the fact that they lost. If they had won it would have been a different story.
There might be some information that I am missing, But Ryan did not get home until 2:30AM. I tried to ask some questions, but I was half asleep. Then Ryan was up at 5:45AM to head to College Station for his weekend classes. Stay awake in class today, Ryan. We can't wait to see you tomorrow evening.
I did notice this morning that Ryan had two baseballs, and one was signed by my cousin. What a special gift for Ty. They will look great in Ty's room. I am glad that all the Dad's had a wonderful night at the game. Thank you Josh and Mary Grace. You mean a lot to us, and we appreciate all you did for us last night.
My Mom and I got to have a girls day and night, with Ty of course. We love that.

Josh, my Dad, Roy, and Ryan

Roy and Ryan in the dug-out after the game.

Funny Story: I got a call from my friend Heather after I posted this morning, and she saw my Dad, Ryan, and Roy on TV last night at the baseball game. She realized who it was after my post. Heather said my dad's bright orange shirt stood out. I wish we would have had the channel it was on so we could have seen them. Thanks Heather for letting me know. We can't wait to see you and your gang at Ty's party.

Well, I have a crazy weekend filled with two baby showers and a birthday party. Ty's friend Keifer is turning 2! A wonderful weekend filled with friends.

No comments: