Monday, July 28, 2008

Ty's 1st Race For The Gold

The proud parents!
Ty had a great time smashing and eating his cake. I took it away too soon and made him mad. Too much sugar!!!
I love this one with Ty with his second cousin Connor. Does it look like Ty is having a great time?
Nobody bother me.
Sweets are so good. Too bad Mom does not let me have a lot.
Ryan loved opening all of Ty's gifts.
Some of our special friends. We had many more that showed up. I will save for another post.
The cake! I fell in love with the cake when I saw it for the first time. It was just what I wanted. However, I took it out of the wrapper too soon because when I walked over to put the plates out I noticed that some little hands that belonged to our nephew Caleb had already had a taste test!
I am sure most of you can guess my reaction! I was so mad, but then I realized there is nothing I can do about it now. So, the cake read: Ty's first race for the old!
The balloons were another story. It was so windy, that all 20 balloons were having a hard time staying alive. We had one on our mailbox for the neighbors to see and it blew away! Of course.
I will admit once the party started it did not matter anymore.
The Kings Chair.
I want my cake!

Two of the greatest women in the world. Ty is so blessed to have a wonderful Ghee and Nana. Did you two plan to match? We loved having you stay with us this weekend Roy and Linda.
As a wife and a mother I am so blessed. I hope my two boys are as proud of me as I am of them. Tyler Justin you have brought so much joy to our life. I love you Ryan and Tyler!
Let the part and swimming begin!
Ty grabs the gold! Where does it go? In his mouth.
I love you Mom! (Sorry that Ty's eyes are closed. He really was enjoying his hot dog)




Ty celebrated his 1st Birthday on Saturday at our neighborhood pool and clubhouse with over 40 family and friends. Ty is one special boy. All I can say was it was a perfect afternoon. Thank you to all of Ryan's family and the majority of my family for coming to celebrate with us. Plus, we loved seeing all of our friends and Ty's friends. Ryan grilled hot dogs and hamburgers.
Plus we enjoyed some nice cool Margaritas. Thanks Roy for letting us use your slush machine and my Dad for walking your grill over. It was much closer than ours.
The pictures may be out of order, but we have so many. I hope you enjoy looking at them as much as I do! What a fun afternoon. However, Birthdays are exhausting! I am glad they only happen once a year.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Loved reading all about Ty's party!! Look's like it was just wonderful!! Hate that we missed it!

The Armstrong Family said...

What a wonderful first birthday party. You must be exhausted after all that. Ty will love these pictures when he is older!

Rachel said...

Love the birthday pics! I am so sorry we missed it! It looks like you did a fabulous job throwing him a special 1st birthday!!