Thursday, September 9, 2010

Blink




I have been attending two Bible Studies and each of them bring so much to my life these day. One meets on Wednesday (this is the one that I have been attending for a little over a year) and one meets on Thursday. My good friend K.C. encouraged me and another friend to start coming on Thursday Morning's and I am so thankful that I decided to go. We are doing a study called Faithful, Abundant, and True by: Kay Aurthur, Priscilla Shirer, and Beth Moore. What amazing women.

We just finished the faithful part and at the end of the chapter it featured the book "I will Carry You" I mentioned this book in an earlier post. My friends K.C. and Christina both called me when they realized and just wanted to tell me that they cried, thought, and prayed about me when they read this story. I realized after that that God really wants me in the Bible Study. Every week I feel each lesson speaking to me. Today really has stuck with me all day because one part was discussing that when you are going through something that seems impossible and you wonder how you are going to make it through this time or situation, that wouldn't it be nice if you could just blink away the hard time. However, it is during these hard times that we need to focus on the ability of God. Our God is an amazing God and we just have to have Faith and Hope that God is going to walk us through this time. It feels like I am in the midst of a horrible situation but I am not alone. Thank you K.C. for encouraging me. I will aways be thankful for you.

I noticed that I talk a lot about being distracted and some might think that I stay distracted to try and forget and not think about Landry, and you might think that I am trying not to move forward. To me being distracted is when we are doing something that is not typical (like when we have Ryan's family in town). However, getting up every Morning and going to school, play groups... etc, that is normalcy. However, no matter how busy or distracted I stay I am always thinking about Landry and I still ache for him. Talking and writing about Landry and my feelings have been very helpful. Life is going on like normal and we have to move on like normal, too. However, ours is a new normal. Landry's death has made me think a lot about my Brother's death and the one thing I can say is I am still standing and I am going to do the same for Landry.

2 comments:

The Curtis Crew said...

Holly,
From what I read in your posts, I think you are handling this beautifully and gracefully and allowing yourself to experience the emotions as they come. I hope that others are not criticizing you for the way you are dealing with this. We are all different and handle situations in different ways. I hope you will feel encouraged today and not discouraged. You are an amazing woman and inspire many of us who read your words and wait to see what will be posted next.

I hope this weekend is full of love and joy amidst the sorrow for you and your sweet family!

Blessings,
Melissa

Jen said...

Holly- I love reading your words. You are such a woman of God and I am so thankful for the women that are encouraging you and coming along side of you during this unimaginable time. I can only imagine how hard your new normal is... your honesty in your posts is so refreshing and encouraging to all of us who read. We all should be this honest about our lives. it is very obvious that you are always thinking of Landry and long for him to be with you. I know there is no distraction or busy time that will take your heart and mind away from Landry and I have never thought that from reading your posts. Praying God's peace and comfort for you and Ryan!