Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Firsts


We have had to overcome several firsts the past month and a half. Coming home from the Hospital with out Landry, planning a viewing and a funeral, going in to Landry's room, first day of school for Ryan and Tyler, Landry's one month Birthday, Football games, play groups, and many more. Tonight I will face another first. My Junior League General Membership Meeting of the year. I had envisioned Ryan staying home with the boys tonight and me wondering how Ryan would handle being with both boys by himself. Well, now it is just Ryan and Ty......

Tonight will also be the first night that I have seen a lot of league women since Landry passed away. I am a little anxious and excited all at the same time. To all the amazing women that I will see tonight it is ok if you talk about Landry or even give me hug because just like any proud mother I will be happy to tell you about both of my precious boys.

We have received numerous love and support from this wonderful League I am blessed to be a part of. My best friend and fellow member, Christina has arranged all the meals that have been coming to our house and another one of my best friends, Pam arranged a Memorial for our Landry James (I will share more on that when I have the total amount raised). Our President of the League has brought so much laughter to my days and I always look forward to her calls or emails. My fellow Board Members made last Tuesday night wonderful and thank you for letting me cry when we talked about Landry's Memorial. Several members came to the viewing and funeral so I have never felt alone. Thank you JLBC for all you have done for my family and our community. I will continue to serve with honor and admiration. I know tonight will be another First that God will hold my hand through.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I hope tonight went well- you looked great and I loved your necklace charms :)

Holly Steele said...

Thank you for being there if only for a little bit. I hope Luke is doing better.