Saturday, October 16, 2010

Balloon Release











Yesterday, October 15th was National Pregnancy and Infant Loss day. To be honest I never knew this was a day until a friend mentioned it to me a few weeks ago. I started doing some research on it and some areas have big events to mark October 15th, but the closet one to us was Austin. Therefore, my friend Jen called me on Thursday afternoon to see if we wanted to try and do something. I was so excited about the opportunity to honor Landry and all the precious ones that have gone too soon.
Jen sent emails and I put something one facebook and we got a small response, but the ones that were there were the ones that have not left my side for a single moment. We held a balloon release at Landry's grave site and everyone wrote special messages for Landry and some for friends that have sweet babies in Heaven. The whole Morning was beautiful and perfect in every way. I was thinking when we drove off that the number of people does not matter. All that matters is that you are surrounded by the ones that love you no matter what. I love finding ways to honor Landry, but maybe that is a Mom thing. I love being involved in everything Ty does and doing balloon releases and writing about Landry is all I can do for him, so I will do anything to honor my littlest.

We are kneeling in front of Landry's flower and I am holding my precious Goddaughter.


Thank you K.C., Jen, Christina, Sally, Whitney, Stephen, and my beautiful Goddaughter Zoe (AKA Landry's girlfriend) for sharing your Morning with me. I love you all.








2 comments:

Jen said...

it was beautiful! So glad we did it :)

Sarah Erwin said...

Such a beautiful way to remember your precious Landry! <3 We thought about you all day.