Monday, October 18, 2010

The Ones That Got Away

After the balloon release on Friday, Jen told me to take some balloons home with me since my Parents and Ryan could not make it to the release. I thought that sounded like a great idea because Ty loves releasing balloons and watching them go to Heaven. I took the balloons out of the car when I got home from picking Ty up from school I told Tyler that we were going to write special notes for Landry and send them to Heaven. I was busy putting school stuff away and hear the door open. All of the sudden I hear "Uh, Oh".... the balloons are stuck in the tree. That is the one thing about our neighborhood, we do not have a shortage of trees anywhere. I couldn't help but smile. Tyler kept saying "the balloons are not going to Heaven." I told him that we were going to get to enjoy seeing them all day and we did because we spent our whole afternoon outside with the balloons.









2 comments:

Jen said...

That would so happen to me! So glad you spent the day outside enjoying the balloons. Ty is super sweet- what a blessing he is! And your title made me think of just how quickly Landry and the other precious heaven babies that we remembered Friday morning slipped away to heaven... Praying for you sweet girl!

Sarah Erwin said...

We sent up a balloon for Landry too. We didn't get all of the balloons photographed...but he had a balloon sent to heaven. :) It makes me happy to think that Landry and Holden are heaven friends.