Wednesday, October 13, 2010

How Is Your Heart?

I am so blessed to have several Friends and Family call, text, or email to see how I am doing. One of my favorites was from a good friend when she asked me "How is your heart today"? That has always stood out to me because my heart feels different all the time. Sometimes I get tired of people asking me how I am and I am not trying to be rude by saying that, but everyday and sometimes a single moment I may not be ok, but do people really want me to tell them that I am not doing well? Today another dear friend sent me a message and at the end of her message she ended by saying "I hope your heart is light today". That comment has stuck by me all day and I keep repeating it over and over again.
Today was a good day. This has been the first Wednesday in a few weeks that has not been a little rough. I am not sure what it has been but Wednesday's have been really hard for me. I attend a Bible every Wednesday that I love and I feel very connected to all the women in that group, but the last two Wednesday's I have had to get up and leave. Most of the time I was in tears before the door closed. I just do not want to always make it about me and since I was not feeling strong then I just left and spent some time by myself and usually at the grave site with Landry. Today I stayed for the whole study and it felt great. We had a fun Lunch with good friends and then I enjoyed a nice afternoon with Tyler at the park. Everyday is different but I will still continue to praise God for the good and dad days.

1 comment:

Sarah Erwin said...

I love that question..."how is your heart?" It is so hard to answer people honestly, when all they want to hear is "good". I am praying for you every day. I am glad your heart was light yesterday.