Thursday, October 21, 2010

Not The Same

I am very involved with the Junior League of Bell County. I joined the League in the Spring of 2006 and every year I am blown away by all we do for our community and those in need. The past few months I have learned how grateful I am to be part of such a wonderful organization with so many helping and loving arms and hands.
On Tuesday night we had our monthly General Membership Meeting and this month was a Halloween themed meeting. This is my second year to serve on the Board and we thought we would all dress alike as Hippies.
It was fun seeing everyone dressed up, but for some reason it was not as fun as it used to be during this month. I love Holidays and decorating but this Fall it has been a little different because I know our Holidays are going to be bitter sweet with out our precious Landry. It took a good friend encouraging me to decorate this year. (I used to be a planner and I would have already started planning our Christmas Card, but once we left the Hospital with an empty car seat I learned that I can't plan everything but what I can do is put my HOPE in our sweet Heavenly Father and TRUST in Him). The one thing that stuck with me was when she told me to live the Holidays through Tyler and I find it a blessing in being able to view the Holiday's through Tyler's eyes. I am so thankful that I have such wonderful friends encouraging me every day.





Spooky Halloween treats and punch







2 comments:

Jen said...

You guys are too cute! Love your costume. And love your decorations at your house!

Mary Beth and Travis said...

love, love, love the costumes!! :)