Saturday, July 2, 2011

6 Years

On this day 6 years ago I said "I do". The vows: for better or for worse and In good times and in bad have really resonated with me this year. I feel as if our vows were challenges this year, but I am so thankful that we have remained true to the vows we spoke 6 years ago. I remember a lot of people coming up to me after Landry died and telling me that this could really tear our marriage apart, and I remember thinking that I would never let that happen. Truthfully, I feel Landry brought us closer together, and I know we both realized how short life is and to cherish every moment that we are together.
Of course we have had our challenges this year, but it took us knowing that we are both grieving differently, and there is no right or wrong way in the way we are grieving. I love you Ryan, and you have been my solid rock this year, and I am so thankful that God chose you as my Husband and Friend, because there is no one else that I would want to be walking with on this journey.
God has truly blessed us with two of the most amazing little Boy's around, and a beautiful miracle on the way. Thank you for loving me and our children. You do so much for our family and please know how much I appreciate you. I know I have been giving a hard time and nagging you about your Doctorate, but I do it because I love you, and I am so ready for you to finish so I can throw you a big party. :)
Thank you for saying "yes" 6 years ago.



No comments: