Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Baseball Bats and Gloves

Tyler loves going to Baker Field in the evenings to play baseball. Ty loves everything about it, because it is a real baseball field where baseball players play, and most importantly it is not our front yard.... which is where he plays the majority of the time. We headed out there on Sunday evening, but there was a game, so luckily Ryan thought of another field that was close by. The back up field was empty so we unloaded and got ready to hit some balls and run the bases (Ty's favorite).
There was another family in the field next us, but Tyler was not concerned about watching them because he was ready to play some baseball. A few minutes in to our family game of baseball, Ryan said " That should be me with Tyler and Landry". You see the family playing next to us consisted of a Dad with his two boys, and the Mom was sitting out watching her boys. Tears immediately filled my eyes, because I was thinking the same thing. It is hard to believe that it has been close to a year since our family of 4 was all together and intact.
Sometimes I forget about the special bond that a Father and Son have, and ever since that moment my heart has ached for Ryan, and how he and Tyler are missing their littlest ball boy.
My heart and arms feel that utter emptiness this week, as I am trying to cope and accept that the dates that forever changed our family are drawing near. Amongst all the tears over the past few days God has shown me over and over that I am never alone. I receive texts every day from dear friends letting me know I am not alone, cards, and sweet email/FB messages. Thank you, Thank you.
I was also reminded today that Birthday's are God's reminders to celebrate life. Therefore, we will celebrate Landry's life and Tyler's life during the days and week ahead. I am so blessed that God chose me to be Tyler and Landry's Mom, this is one title that will never be taken away from me.

Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart. Psalm 27:14

No comments: