Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Parade




The first thought that comes to mind when I think of yesterday's Neighborhood Children's Parade, It's Over!! But with that being said our 4th of July was filled with lots of good friends from our neighborhood, and a lot of friends that don't live in our neighborhood came and joined in all of our wonderful festivities this year, so that made it extra sweet.
The only that was missing this year that a lot of people were committing on (even Tyler) was where were those Fire Trucks. In years past we have always had a Fire Truck lead us off and then at the end of the parade we have a old fashioned Fire Truck that kids parked that kids can get in and and pretend to drive. However, this year we had a amazing Flag Corp group that lead the way and then just as we were about to start walking the the Fire Chief's Commander Truck drove up to help lead the way as well. Still not sure what happened to those Fire Trucks since I called them and they called me numerous times...... thankfully, at the the end of the parade the kids were treated to Cotton Candy, Snow Cones, Chick Fil A Lemonade, Cookies and Brownies. The Snow Cone Truck was a big hit.
This year I reflected on how thankful and blessed we are to live where we live, and all of our amazing friends. Tyler loved riding his bike this year along side some of his good friends. Cooper even joined us this year. We would have brought Abbie but she is just getting too old and the heat and long walk would have been too much for her. Our 4th of July Morning was truly spectacular and we can't wait for next year.


Tyler and Cinco. I love these two boys.


My Boy's. I love all the balloons in our pictures because they make me think of our sweet Landry. I missed not pulling a wagon this year, but I loved seeing the joy on Tyler's face while riding his bike down our streets.




Ty's favorite part of the parade. Stay tuned for more special moments.































No comments: