Wednesday, July 27, 2011

We Made It

Yesterday, July 26 marked Landry's One Year in Glory. One full year, but to me that means I am one year closer to Landry.
I am not sure where or who I thought I would be when this day arrived: Better, Stronger, Healed, Still Broken..... thankfully, I do not have to define myself because Jesus knows right where I am.
This month has held a variety of emotions for me; Joy in celebrating our biggest turning 4 and then all sudden I would have this crushing feeling deep down in side of me as Landry's Birthday and Heaven day approached and then passed. I am so thankful that Jesus knows and accepts my pain, and he washes away all of my tears. Jesus loves me and he can handle my pain and anger, in fact he wants me to give him all of my emotions... good and bad.
Some of you have walked this road with us for a entire year through countless "firsts" without Landry. Thank you for loving us, praying, and carrying us through this year. We are so thankful for each and everyone of you. I know our journey through grief is not over, or is our story over. In a way I see it as a beginning of a new chapter (Chapter 2). We love you, Landry James and we are not complete without you, but we know one day we will be complete when we see you in Heaven.

All my days were written in Your book and planned before a single one of them began. Psalm 139:16

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

Holly - you wrote so many things that I have been thinking as well. It is such a blessing to have this connection with you. Your heart is so beautiful and I am so grateful for you and your boys. I hope year two brings you much joy and hope as you continue on your life journey. I love you!