Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Dr. Ryan Steele

How many things can I put in my mouth at one time?
I hope to follow in your foot steps one day Daddy. I know I have some big "socks" to fill.

Today we got the official word that Ryan has been accepted in to the Doctoral program at Texas A&M!!! We could not be more proud of him. Ryan will be getting his doctorate in Education.
Way to go Ryan! Ty is hoping you will take him to a football game next year! I believe that Ryan will start his classes this summer. Ryan is about to embark on a wonderful adventure.
It is hard to go on with such good news like that, but this weekend is my BIG weekend away from Tyler. I will be heading to Fort Worth to attend The National Junior League conference. I will be traveling with 5 other girls from the bell county league. Actually Ty will be in Fort Worth, too. However, he will be staying with his Nana and Papa. Lucky boy. Ryan will drive in on Friday night and stay the weekend with his family. All of Ty's Aunts, Uncles, and cousins are there so I know he will have a wonderful time seeing them all. I will be staying in the Sundance Square area with the other girls. That is where Ryan and I got married. I love that area so much. I am a little nervous about leaving Ty for a weekend. This is the longest I have been away from him. My friend Pam that is going told me she is going to have to sedate me.
Ty is in wonderful hands. I will try not to call every hour Linda!! :) I am really good friends with the other girls going, so it should be a fun girls weekend. Plus I am anxious to hear what other leagues do. I know I will have pictures to share.
Last night we had a Junior League meeting and I received the award for Active of the month with my Divine Desserts Co-chair Pam. What a wonderful honor. We had some wonderful things said about us and all the hard work we put in to Divine Desserts. I got the final number from the Children's Advocacy Center on how much we raised, and it came to.................... $35,000! That is the most money raised in the 6 years we have been partnering with them. I was thrilled to announce that.
Ryan you are awesome! I know you will achieve so many wonderful things in life! We can't wait to see you walk across that stage.

2 comments:

Heather B. said...

Way to go RYAN!!!!! What an awesome journey to go on!!!

Lauren said...

Congrats Ryan!!!! We are so proud of you!! Holly I hope you have a wonderful time at your dealy this wknd!!