Sunday, March 30, 2008

Junior League Weekend

I had a wonderful weekend. I learned so much information that I can't wait to share with other members. Plus I had a great time with all the girls. It was really fun to get to know some of them better. We had a great time hanging out after our sessions
My room-mate for the Weekend. Stacie is a wonderful friend. We were in the same provisional class. We all wore jean jackets this weekend.
Stacie, Pam, Melissa, Shala, Amy, and Me.
We went out to dinner on Friday and walked around Down Town Fort Worth. What a fun time.
A whole bunch of Junior League members came to Fort Worth on Saturday night to see how everything was going with us. So we had a huge GIRLS night! They all said when they met us in the hotel lobby that we had a Junior League glow about us.
The Four Amigo's! We drove up together on Friday and loved hanging out with one another. Pam and Amy would always come to our room at night after we were all ready for bed and we would stay up and chat until 1 in the morning. What wonderful friends to have.
I did it! I spent my first weekend away from Ty and we both survived. Ryan did a great job watching him this weekend at his Nana and Papa's house. Thank you so much Roy and Linda for taking such good care of him this weekend. Every time I called, Ty seemed to be doing well. I actually did not call as much as I thought, but we had full days. Ty's new BEST FRIEND is his Aunt Shana, she came and picked him up on Friday morning and I heard that when ever she left the room he was always looking for her. I think Friday was a little hard for him, because I heard he was kind of fussy. But I think it was because he was in a new place and he needed to adjust to his surroundings and his Nana and Papa. I was so EXCITED to see him today. Ryan came and picked me up at the Hotel where the convention was held, so the first thing I did was peek in the window at him. He saw me and started smiling so big! That makes a Mommy feel good. I opened up the back door and kissed him all over. As soon as we got home today I took him out of his car seat and never let him go. I missed my boys! I loved bath and bed time tonight. He crashed tonight. I think this weekend must have worn him out. I am sorry I don't have any pictures of Ty with the Steele family. I had the camera all weekend. Ryan said he got to see a lot of his nieces and nephews.
The AJLI training was wonderful. I spent my days in Membership sessions. I now found a new love. I felt like I was church camp. I would come out of all my session inspired and energized. I have so many new ideas that I hope to put in to action during the fall. This weekend was a truly wonderful weekend for me. I learned a lot about JL, that it is OK to leave my son for a weekend, and I had a great time with some truly wonderful girls. Pam has already called me three times tonight. I think she is missing me.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Yay!!! Glad you had a wonderful wknd!!! Sounds like you have some great girlfriends too, WONDERFUL!! Glad you are back with your two boys :) Miss Priss over here says "HI!!!!!!!!!! TYLER!!!!"