Friday, November 19, 2010

1st Christmas

This Morning I had to run to Hobby Lobby to pick up red Cellophane for a Luncheon and Fashion Show at Tyler's school the first week of December (Tyler is a model). I was secretly excited when they asked me to run this errand because I love Hobby Lobby and I thought I could browse while getting my Cellophane. As I walking around trying to find the aisle that the Cellophane would be on I browsed at all the cute stuff and I of course created a wish list in my brain. I finally had to ask for help and once I got to the right aisle and got what I came for I started walking for the register and I passed this huge display of Baby's 1st Christmas items. I found my myself staring at it for a little bit and then that is when I felt the huge whole in my heart ache and I had a feeling tears were close to the surface, so I walk really fast to the check out and luckily I was first in a line to check out because I knew I was going to have a break down at any moment, and I will just say the tears started flowing once I got in my car.
The Holiday's are going to hurt and I have not gotten through Thanksgiving and I am already having a really hard time with Christmas. It is all the "Firsts" that really hurt. This is the first time in several years that I have dreaded the Holidays. I just have to remember that Jesus is the reason for the season and hold on to that truth.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Praying for your heart sweet Holly. May God give you the strength through the holidays and every day. Hugs!

Lisa said...

I feel the same way. Every time I see a first Christmas outfit or ornament, my heart aches.