Monday, November 29, 2010

Strength and Patience

There us park that is really close to our house and anytime the weather is nice we are usually there. Ty truly loves parks and I love watching him run, climb, and slide with so much joy on his face. Sometimes our visits can be bittersweet for me because there are always other families around and almost every time there is a baby in a stroller. I miss Landry a lot during our park outings and wish Tyler had is brother to run around with someday like the others in the park.
We decided to heard to the park on Wednesday afternoon and it was a treat because Ryan with us. Therefore, I decided to snap pictures. A lot of things have become very therapeutic for me these days and picture taking is one of them. I am not good by any means but I have fun shooting away.
There is this one rope that Tyler always attempts every time we are at this particular park but he never makes it to the top, he will try but then he will move on because it gets to hard and it is really wobbly. Wednesday, Tyler headed over to the rope and he was actually making it a lot higher than he normally does. Ryan went behind but never once helped him and he finally made it to the top all by himself and I was so proud and amazed by him at that moment when he made it to the top. He showed so much strength and determination that I was blown away by how brave he was and how is Mommy needs to follow in his footsteps occasionally. Tyler climbing the rope reminded me so much of myself and our life lately. We have been faced with this huge obstacle and some days I just don't feel like I have the strength or courage to overcome it and try to climb to the top and find peace and comfort.
God is our rope and we just have to hold on to him and HIS truth. Some days we may shake and fall but, our Savior is always going to be there as we try and make it to the top.
Thank you Ty for being so brave and showing Mommy that it takes practice and A LOT of patience to make it to the top.










7 comments:

Lisa said...

That's sweet. Reminds me of the song "The Climb." Kids have a way of making us feel better. Today Sierra was wanting me to hold her and gave me so many hugs and kisses. How do they know when we need things so badly?

Kelly said...

Thank you, Holly. I needed to hear that today.

Jen said...

Love this post! So true. I love how much we learn from our little ones. Ty is super special and so handsome- great pics by the way!

Lauren said...

This is a beautiful post...

Sarah Erwin said...

=) great lesson! I needed it!

Mary Beth said...

I love this. I find myself watching Riley all the time now. Learning from her and also just appreciating everything she does. We can definitely learn from young, precious hearts.

Kim said...

I love this analogy of God as our rope- thanks for sharing, Holly.