Monday, November 1, 2010

Family Pumpkins

Ryan came home with 3 pumpkins yesterday. One for Daddy, Mommy, and Tyler. My heart broke thinking about Landry not having a pumpkin so I decided to use the little pumpkin that Tyler picked at the Pumpkin Patch and make that Landry's pumpkin. We all did something different with our pumpkins so they were all unique. Ryan carved his, Tyler painted and colored on his, and I painted with horrible paint that does not work well when painting on pumpkins. I will search for something better next year but this is all I had. After I painted I wrote thankful on my pumpkin. That is the one word that came to my mind yesterday while working on our pumpkins. I also painted a L on Landry's little pumpkin. I think our pumpkins represented a little bit about who we are....







My heart is still heavy today, as I have been looking at all of the Halloween pictures on face book. I really am missing Landry right now...... Sometimes I just don't understand why I have to feel all this pain... I am just being honest. My arms just long to hold my own little baby again. My arms are just aching right now.
My thoughts and prayers are with all of the Mommies that did not have their little pumpkins last night, either. May your hearts feel light as you go through this next month with out your little ones.



4 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Hi there - I just ran across your blog and wanted to drop a note. I am so sorry that you lost Landry. He is so beautiful. The pictures you have are amazing. I lost my daughter at the end of August. She was 38 weeks. I also have an older daughter (2.5) so i can relate to how you are feeling with your older son as well. I wish i had some amazing words of wisdom to share with you but all I think is really appropriate is to say I'm sorry and please know that you are not alone.

Best,
Mary Beth

Sarah Erwin said...

Holly, I am praying for your heart. :( I am so sorry.

samskat said...

Holly,

I am so sorry for your family and will be praying for all of you as you head into a difficult holiday season without Landry.

Jen said...

beautiful pumpkins! praying for you sweet friend.