Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Landry James Steele Memorial

As I have mentioned before I am honored to be apart of the Junior League of Bell County. I learned 4 months first had what a wonderful group of women I have the honor and privilege to work and volunteer with. We had meals coming to our house for 2 months from league and other community members that was thinking and praying for us... WOW. Three days after Landry went to Heaven my dear friend, Pam whom has now become my rock during this journey told me that the League wanted to set up a Memorial for Landry. As Landry's Mom I felt so proud that someone wanted to find a special way to remember our littlest.... and did they ever. JLBC raised $2900 in honor of Landry. $1,000 went to Ryan's school Westphalia ISD that will be used for a Reading Corner in the School Library, and the rest of the proceeds will be used to purchase two beds for the NICU at Scott and White Hospital. Every item that will be purchased will have Landry's name on it. What an amazing honor for us and our family.
On Friday, October 29th a check presentation was held at Ryan's school. We had a few League Members, close friends, and both of our parents were present. It was a beautiful Morning. Ryan invited his 8th grade students to the presentation and it truly was a touching presentation. Thank you Pam and Jen for all you did to make the day possible for us. We are truly touched by your kindness and generosity. I have learned through Landry how much all the small things mean to us. Thank you JLBC for your kindness and compassion and of course your wonderful gift for helping others. I will be forever thankful to each and everyone one you.



We framed Landry's Letter and there were a line of students reading it. That was so touching to me. What precious kids.

Pam and Ryan

Christina and KC. Two of the Supper Club girls. Our group travels everywhere. I love you both more that you will ever know.
Christina, Jen, Me, Pam, Rebecca, and KC (KC is the only one that is not a league member. (Come on KC.. you will love it. :) )
Pam. I love you more than you will ever know and thank for holding my hand during this journey. You amaze me.








3 comments:

Heather B. said...

What an awesome way to honor Landry!!!

Thanks for your comment on my post. I love you so much too!! You and Landry have really helped me heal from my pain. Even though it happened 5 yrs ago, it's still there!!! I know that it would have reared it's head at some point. It is just one more way Landry had a huge impact. He is such a blessing and so are you!!! xoxo

Sarah Erwin said...

Holly,
What precious and beautiful ways to honor your littlest. Even though the pain is still there, it is such an amazing comfort to know our babies are making such a GREAT impact on others! Landry has impacted my life and helped me...so have you. I love that those students were able to read his letter. Landry is touching generations. Blessings friend!!

Mary Beth said...

Wow - how awesome. I'm reminded of the saying, "There is no foot so small that cannot leave an imprint in this world." What a gift.