Thursday, November 18, 2010

Another First

This week I tackled another "first"..... going back to the gym. I kept putting it off because I did not feel strong or up to it. Ever since I can remember I would talk about going back to the gym once I had Landry because I was going to be so ready to get back in shape. I had hopes, dreams, and plans of starting at the new gym where the majority of my friends are members. I would go on the Mornings that Ty would be in school and I would take Landry...... yes this germ freak was going to take her littlest. All of my friends that have babies kept telling me how wonderful the child care was and that it was clean. They basically hold the little ones the whole time. I guess if they were doing it then it could not be that bad....
Loosing Landry changed everything and the plans I had were no longer going to happen. I am not sure why it hurt so much to think about working out because it is not really that big of a deal but for me it was another reminder that I don't have the one person I want so badly. My close friend, Whitney that had Zoe a few weeks after Landry tried to get me to go last Monday, but I chickened out... I am not always that strong.... Whitney and several others have been encouraging me a lot lately and I am so thankful for them. I was eating lunch last week with my close friends, Pam and Tracy and they asked me about going to the gym with them on Monday Morning after drop off. I told them my fears and they understood everything but then Tracy looked at me and said it was time to rip "that" band aid off (I love when friends tell it to me straight because sometimes I need that). I started laughing when she said that but that thought stuck with so Monday Morning Pam sent me a text and said I will see you at 8:15... I could not say no to that..... so Monday Morning I ripped "that" band aid off and went to my first Power Pump class. All I can say was I was hooked and ready to sign up. I was in pain from head to toe but it felt good. I was back on Tuesday for a Spin Class. I could barely walk and sitting down was torture.... I can't believe how out of shape I am... well, yes I can. :) I took a break on Wednesday and Today but I plan on going tomorrow Morning. Exercise really is therapeutic in a way because it is just a time that I can have some time to my thoughts and maybe let out some aggression! :)
Thank you, God for holding my hand and heart this week as I tackled another "first" with out Landry.

4 comments:

Mary Beth said...

There are so many firsts, aren't there? I feel like I grapple with one every day so I know exactly what you are going through. So glad to hear you felt great after the workout! That is one of the reasons why I love running as well. Good for stress relief. I think we can use as much of that as possible these days...

Jen said...

so proud of you! Have a wonderful workout tomorrow. praying for your heart sweet friend!

Sarah Erwin said...

I'm so proud of you...that is a huge "first" to hurdle over. Mary Beth, I was SO amazed by your running the first time we ever "met"! It has been a very difficult path for me to workout. I've NEVER been in shape, and now I feel like it's that much harder because I have all this extra flab because of someone I am not holding.
It is a great stress relief...Amen MB...keep it up sweet girls! I am so grateful for friends like yours as well. They honestly and caringly help me make tough decisions.
PS Seriously, I KNOW we are friends...I am a ridiculous germaphobe too. ;)

Heather B. said...

I am so proud of you for going back to the gym!!! I agree with you, it will help release some of that anger you are feeling! Still praying for your heart!!! xoxoxo