Monday, November 15, 2010

Bitter Sweet

If you have followed my blog for a while you would know that we purchased a new home Last June (2009). We were wanting a bigger house because we knew that we had hopes and dreams of having more children. When we found out I was pregnant last November with Landry, we immediately thought that we would need another bedroom because we would loose our office/guest bedroom and with Ryan still working on his Doctorate he really needs a place to do work. Therefore, we told my Dad about our idea and my Dad having the wonderful sense of Architectural class and style that he has immediately went to work drawing plans and listening to our wants and needs. We decided to turn our garage in to a Master Bedroom suit with a laundry and Mud room. This would give us four bedrooms and three baths. Our garage had low ceilings and our cars could not fit so basically it was storage and a laundry room. The finished project was great and ready just in time for Landry to come home, and it was all done with excitement and hope and of course lots of dreams for our growing family.
I sobbed when we first walked in to our addition with out having Landry and I remember telling Ryan sorry for having him find a way to do this addition for us. I know it was just as hard on my parents because it would not have been possible with out them and especially my talented and amazing Dad that is a home builder.
We started tackling the back yard as well before Landry, but then once everything happened everything slowed down.... However, my Dad has been doing everything to make this home perfect and a home filled with lots of hope, dreams, and memories. Last Thursday our street was filled with Trucks, a Bobcat, and a cement truck. In Tyler's eyes it was the perfect day. Once I saw that cement back at our house I ran to our office in tears.... this job has turned bitter sweet to me. We started this project with Landry and all the dreams we had for our new family and now that he is not with us to finish the project it just hurts. I am so thankful my Dad was here for me that Morning because I needed his strong shoulder and words of wisdom. I love you, Dad! Our backyard it starting to take shape and Ty loves the cement for riding bikes and playing. For me I still envision a growing family.











6 comments:

Ghee and Poppy said...

Keep visualizing sweet daughter--if you dream it, it will happen! Yay to more special moments to cherish always. Oh, and chocolate is also bitter/sweet...yum!

The Eidson Family said...

It is beautiful! You're so blessed to have such a talented and loving Dad. Your home is and will be perfect for your family, just the way God has planned for you.

Cindy said...

What a special day and memory for Tyler and your amazing Dad. Praying your home be full of many more happy memories!

Sarah Erwin said...

Plans can be so bittersweet...I'm sorry. :( We actually bought a new car just to have a safer ride. I know how these kinds of big things are just so bittersweet. Your new addition is very nice though. Your dad seems wonderful and talented.

Tara said...

We moved into our new house 2 weeks before Gage passed away :( We had thought we would need more room for our growing family and visiting families. We didn't realize it would be full to the brim when they were all here for his memorial service. I felt the same way at first but making our house a home has been such a good project to keep our hands and minds busy. Looking back over this year, I'm so glad we chose to move and have really enjoyed putting our touches on this house. I hope you will too!

Rebekah Crosby said...

You are such a tower of strength, Ho-Lee. I love you so much. I can only read your blogs when I'm feeling especially strengthened. i don't know how you do it...are doing it. But I'm in awe. And Georgia, you are awesome. Always a light of positive energy. Your home is beautiful and so full. Can't wait to see the new addition. New Orleans needs some Vaughn/Steele visitors!!!!