Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Eve filled with balloons

Our Christmas was filled with family, and it was a good place to be this year. We spent the week before Christmas with Ryan's Family and had a big Christmas Eve gathering with Ryan's family. Tyler loved all the fun play time he got with his cousins. We had full days and I have a lot of pictures to post.... once again I am behind..... It is easy to do these days.
Ty really got in to Christmas this year and his favorite part was opening gifts. He would even open gifts that were not his. Tyler truly brought a lot of smiles to my face. It was a bitter sweet day for me and Ryan. I longed to have Landry with us the whole time we were with Ryan's family.....
Christmas Eve marked Landry's 5 Month Birthday. I can't believe it has already been 5 months because it feels just like yesterday to me. We also do a balloon release for Landry's month Birthday. We knew we would nCheck Spellingot be home to release 5 balloons to Landry on Christmas Eve so I asked Ryan's Mom if she would be ok with releasing balloons for Landry at our Christmas Eve gathering... I did not want to take away from the family Christmas or ruin anything but I felt that Landry needed to be apart of this Christmas. Linda loved the idea... On Christmas Eve we went and got 12 red and green balloons... I know it is not 5 but there was a house full of little kids and I did not want any whining or arguing so I got 12 and I did red and green in honor of the season.
The balloon release was truly my favorite part of Christmas Eve. It brought me great joy to see Landry's Brother, Nana and Papa, Cousins, and Aunts and Uncles writing special notes to our littlest. Bitter Sweet as the them of our Holiday but we loved being able to find joy in special moments.















2 comments:

Sarah Erwin said...

The picture of you writing on the red balloon for Landry is one of my favorite pictures ever. I want to get a few pictures of each of my Hope Mom friends...that will be included. Your emotions are so clear in it.
I love you Hol...praying for your heart always.

The Armstrong Family said...

I love this precious post...it brought tears to my eyes. What a wonderful way to honor and remember sweet Landry on his five month birthday! You are an inspiration, Holly!