Wednesday, December 22, 2010

First Time For Everything

Sunday afternoon was such a gorgeous day outside and since we had two of our Nephews in town with us Ryan decided to take the three to our Neighborhood Park, Miller Park. I decided to stay home and take care of some chores around the house. Not even 30 minutes of being gone I get a call from Ryan stating that I need to call the Urgent Care Clinic and see about getting an appointment for Tyler.
My heart immediately dropped and I went in to full panic mode. Ryan said that Tyler got a deep cut on this head... when he walked in with Tyler and his face had forehead was all covered in blood. Well, I lost it and was frantically trying to find my purse and get my keys. Tyler really was doing well and Ryan put a band aid on the cut to stop the bleeding until we could get it looked at. I had to take Tyler because Ryan needed to stay home with the other boys. Tyler was not looking forward to go to the doctor. He was a mess in the car... poor baby. When we got the Urgent Care clinic they took one look at me and said he will need to go to the ER and they will probably do a CT Scan. I am not sure what I was thinking when she said this but I know I started praying even harder.... I also knew this Momma had to be strong for her biggest.
Thankfully the ER was close and it was not at the same Hospital that we were at the Landry... that would have hit a little too close for me and Tyler. I had already called my Mom and she met us at King's Daughters just as I was trying to get us signed in. Tyler was very calm and just laying his head on me while I got us signed in.Tyler immediately went to his Ghee. I was so thankful she was there... she helped me so much and she is always so calm. I loved her company and I know Tyler loved it, too.
We got in with Nurse about 30 minutes of being there and she did all the routine stuff and then she looked at his cut and she said that it did not look too bad and they will probably just use superglue on the cut and that was music to my ears.
After 3 hours in the ER I walked out with a little boy that just need some superglue to keep the wound closed. I was so in awe of my biggest and how brave he was. I laid with on the hospital bed with Tyler as the Doctor was fixing his cut and I just looked in to those deep blue eyes and realized how blessed I really am and that both of my boys that I carried for 9 months were my greatest gifts and I am in awe of my biggest and littlest and for being so small they are both so brave.
The highlight of the 3 hour ER experience is when the Doctor finally walked in and Tyler looked at her and said " We have a train to catch". We did catch that train......

No comments: