Friday, December 17, 2010

The Spirit Of Christmas

Picture a little boy standing in front of proud parents and Grandparents screaming and in tears yelling that he wants his Mommy. That little boy was Tyler last year during his Christmas program at MDO. Therefore, when it came to this years program we really did not know what to expect this year. On Wednesday Morning Tyler's classmates were becoming Angels, Sheppard's, and Wise Men. I loved being apart of the preparation and watching Tyler become one of the 3 Wise Men. He loved his costume.... I loved it, too. When it is time for the Moms to leave so we could get our seats one little Wise Men started crying because he did not want his Mommy to go... can you guess which Wise Men it was? He stopped by the time I got to the door. He can be a little dramatic at times...
I walked in to the Parish Hall and found a row of seats in the back. I thought the front row might be too close. Ghee walked in right after I found our seats. Poppy had to miss this year but we got it on video for him. I was talking to my Mom and and one of my good friends when all of the sudden Ryan walks in. I was so happy to see him because I did not think he would be able to make it due to finals at school but he snuck away. I truly loved having him there and I felt a little more complete with him there.
We saw Tyler's class coming in and we thought about hiding so he would not get scared and want to come over to us like last year. Tyler walked right in with his chapel hands (precious... the program was during their Wednesday Chapel time) and walked right over to the platform. We were all three smiling from head to toe. The program was so precious and all of the songs and movements were priceless. Tyler truly loved every second of it. His favorite part was when they passed out bells. I did think the 3 Wise Men ever put them down. I think it is safe to say they stole the show. I will try and get the video up sometime soon.
At the end of their program at Chapel Service they sang Happy Birthday to Jesus and they even had a Birthday Cake. Ty has been singing Happy Birthday ever since. Our biggest sure did make us proud!
I thought more about the Spirit of Christmas and I know that Christmas really has a whole new meaning to me. I find myself clinging to reason for the Season and that is Jesus. I think Tyler reminded me that the true spirit of Christmas comes from Jesus Christ and his selfless love and sacrifice that he gave to all of us.
I have grown to love hearing Christmas songs this year because I think of Landry and how beautiful all the Christmas songs are up in Heaven. I can only imagine......



















4 comments:

Jen said...

precious!

Lisa said...

He is so cute! Sierra has recently become "obsessed" with baby Jesus (probably because she loves babies so much) and sings happy birthday to Him also! It makes me smile and that is hard to come by these days. And I agree, it makes me realize the true meaning of Christmas.

Linda said...

yes...I do believe he looks like a very wise king....look forward to seeing you guys.

Mary Beth said...

He is such a cutie!