Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas in Heaven

I felt that Landry needed something special for his First Christmas. It was so bittersweet when I was walking all over Hobby Lobby trying to find something perfect for Landry's plot. If people passing by and the women checking me out only knew where these precious items were going. I was very pleased with Landry's tree and his special ornaments. I especially love the Snowman Family because the little Snowman is holding a baby........
This is not what I had planned for our first Christmas with Landry and to be honest I wish I did have to buy these items and that I would rather be holding Landry and dressing him in cute Christmas outfits.....
At least Landry will be in our hearts this Christmas and I know that he will have a beautiful and peaceful Christmas in Heaven with Jesus. We love you so much Landry James.

* I read this poem on Sarah and Lisa's Blog but then a special family friend sent us this beautiful poem in their Christmas Card to us.*
I see the countless Christmas trees around the world below
with tiny lights like heaven's stars reflecting on the snow.

The sight is so spectacular please wipe away that tear
for I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

I hear the many Christmas songs that people hold so dear
but the sounds of music can't compare with the Christmas choir up here.

I have no words to tell you of the joy their voices bring
for it is beyond description to hear the angels sing.

I know how much you miss me. I see the pain inside your heart
for I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

I can't tell you of the splendor or the peace here in this place.
Can you just imagine Christmas with our Savior face to face?

I'll ask him to lift your spirit as I tell you of your love
so then pray for one another as you lift your eyes above.

Please let your hearts be joyful and let your spirit sing
for I am spending Christmas in heaven and I'm walking with the King.
by Wanda Bencke

5 comments:

Jen said...

tears in my eyes as I read your post, look at the pictures and read that beautiful poem. I love Landry's ornament, tree and snowman family. need to go visit Landry with you soon. love you sweet friend.

Kelly said...

I love it all Holly. I love you.

Kim said...

That is honestly one of the most beautiful things I've ever read. What a reminder to all of us of where our true home is. Thank you for sharing, Holly.

Sarah Erwin said...

I love this so much. Our babies are celebrating Christmas with Jesus...the reason for Christmas.
His tree and ornament are beautiful.

Mary Beth said...

Holly, this is so beautiful and such a precious way to remember him this Christmas. I love how you described yourself thinking about what other people in the store would be thinking if they only knew. I do that all the time. I also really, really love Landry's reading corner. It is so perfect and will bring other families wonderful memories. This is a big gift. Thank you for sharing!