Monday, December 20, 2010

Phone Calls

The other day I picked up the phone and one the other end it was a women calling from Pottery Barn Kids telling me that (Landry's Baby Registry was about to expire and I could receive 30 percent off any item that was left on my registry and so if there were any items that we needed for Landry, then now would be the time to get them) The women kept talking... my first thought was hanging up but I knew that would be rude and then I thought about interrupting her but she really was a fast talker. All of the sudden she paused and asked me how the baby was? I stumbled trying to find the right words to tell her about Landry and she truly felt horrible and we quickly ended our conversation. I was in tears by the time I put down the phone. I was just expecting that at all.
I wish I could of told her that Landry sleeps wonderful on this PB bedding every night and the bath towels complete the boys bath and match his brothers towels perfectly....I guess I could have told here that his monogrammed train blanket kept him nice and warm as we held him for 2 days.....
I just got another phone call from the target registry and I politely told them that we have everything we need. Well that is not true...... It is funny that we try so hard to find everything for our babies that will keep them fed, safe, happy, and warm. I would take back all of those items in a heart beat if I could have the one thing I wanted.....I would want the little blessing that I created the registry for.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Beautifully said Holly. I'm so sorry you got those phone calls. You're in my thoughts. Love you!

Jen said...

I am so sorry! You are so strong- Praying for your heart. hugs!

Cindy said...

Wow. Praying God's strength and peace for you daily...

Lisa said...

My heart just dropped when I read this. As if it isn' cruel enough that we had to lose our babies, then things like this happen. I'm so sorry.