Saturday, December 11, 2010

Family

Last Sunday we attended our first family Christmas party of the season.. we have more tonight. Tyler had a wonderful time and we loved seeing friends we had not seen a while. Ty loved everything about that evening.... feeding biscuits to the donkeys and cows, a book exchange, and finally S'mores!

Tyler and his buddy, Hudson. Ty adores Hudson.
Look at all these kids. Looking at the picture makes me miss Landry so much.
Tyler reading his new book "Clifford" the big red dog. Love this....

Yummy.... I am still amazed that Tyler got that close to the fire. Of course when he saw it he asked me if the fire truck was coming.
I love the nights when we are all together as a family and also surrounded by friends but sometimes my heart just longs to have Landry with us.... I always feel like there is a piece of us missing when we are out with other families. Sometimes the pain and longing to have Landry with us is so intense.
That night when we got home we cuddled up in bed and read Tyler's new books to him plus some other Christmas books we already had. The tears started rolling down by face at the end of our family time and Ryan asked "What is Wrong?" I said these are the moments when I miss him the most. I have a feeling Ryan felt the same way.










2 comments:

Mary Beth said...

I have a lot of moments like that where I'll start crying and then Roger walks in and asks "what's wrong?" Sometimes I want to say "everything." It's kind of like...where do you start. So this was not an uplifting comment. Sorry. :) These are really cute pictures. Tyler is so lucky to have so many great friends to play with!

Sarah Erwin said...

Holly, Tyler is such a cutie. I am glad that he is getting to enjoy the magic of Christmas this year.
I love you!