Monday, December 6, 2010

Landry's Reading Corner

(I guess I hit something to make this turn out different.)

The Junior League of Bell County donated $1,000 to Westphalia's Library. Ryan loved the idea of creating a reading corner so he went and picked out some comfy Rocking Chairs for the kids to be able to sit in while reading. They are going to rearrange the Library just to find a perfect spot for the chairs and be able to create a nice reading corner for the students to sit and read or enjoy story time. I love them and I can't wait to see the finished product. Tyler loved being able to go to Daddy's school this afternoon and he really loved rocking in the chair. We have one fan... I am sure we will have many more fans.
The thought and the generosity of others is very humbling but these chairs are painful at the same time. I just have to keep reminding myself that every time I walk in the Library at Ryan's school I will find joy in others enjoying the special reading corner that was created all because of our sweet Landry. I will take pictures of the finished product but I wanted to give you all a sneak peak.









2 comments:

Jen said...

They look so good!! I know this is bittersweet for you sweet friend. We will never forget Landry and all he has taught us. How fitting that he is honored in a wonderful place of learning. Landry will touch lives for generations to come. I know he has changed me for the better. Hugs!!

Sarah Erwin said...

Oh my goodness. What a bittersweet blog. Holly, the sign on the back of the furniture makes my heart melt. I love you!