Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Shining Bright

Ryan put lights up on our house last week when he was off for Thanksgiving, and Tyler decided to join him for a little bit... on the roof! Tyler wants to do everything with his Daddy these days. I really love our house at Christmas but I have had a really hard time getting in to the spirit of everything this year.
Last night I had a Board Christmas party, and as I was driving out of our driveway I stopped and looked at the lights shining bright in our yard and our beautiful tree in all its glory.... I bet when people drive by and see our house they think of Joy, but if they only knew that on the inside we are sometimes sad and trying to stand tall this Holiday Season. Immediatly, I thought how God's love shines through us, and as I stared out at our lights, I immaged that God was shinning his light on our house and over us and will continue to shine his light on us as we walk through this Holiday Season and New Year.


1 comment:

Lisa said...

Holly- read the poem I just posted on my blog. Maybe it will help a little? I feel the same way about this Christmas. So hard, but we have to try to take in some joy from our precious living children.