Friday, January 7, 2011

5 Balloons

We went and spent some time with Landry on December 26th and when we walked up I saw this beautiful red carnation by Landry's site and I was blown away that someone went to see our Landry (I know he is not there but I loved that someone was there and remembering Landry, what a beautiful and precious gift). Thank you, Thank you.
We did not get any pictures of Tyler with the balloons because when were about to take his picture he tripped and released the balloons... :)



My precious, Dad.... I love this Man so much and his strength and unending love is amazing and powerful. Thank you, Dad for loving me.


On December 26, 2010 we did our 5 month Balloon release for Landry. We have done this every month on Landry's Birth date (24th) since we were not home on the 24th we did Landry's balloon release on the 26th (Landry's Heaven day). I feel the need to explain the meaning behind our balloon releases.
We tried really hard to protect Tyler after Landry went to Heaven because we knew that he would not understand it all. Therefore, we did not have him at the Funeral Home the evening of the visitation and he did not come to the funeral service with us. He was at the church thw day of the fuberal, but he was playing with all of his friends and cousins in his Mother's Day Out Room. Some of my amazing friends arranged there to be child care provided for all the little ones... truly thankful for that.
Therefore, we were trying to find something that might help Tyler understand that his little brother is in Heaven and that is his new home. When ever we were at the florist the day of the visitation trying to find the perfect flowers for Landry's visitation and funeral.... that all still seems a little cruel to me because I should of been planning Landry's first Birthday instead of planning a funeral. Anyway... when we were at the florist Ryan mentioned doing a balloon release at the the the end of the grave site burial.... we all loved that idea and when the florist asked how many balloons Ryan immediately said 43 because that he the number of hours Landry was with our family.
We did decide to take Tyler to the grave site burial because we wanted him to be apart of the balloon release and looking back on it now it was one of the most special times for me. Tyler sat on my lap the whole time and I loved the feeling of him in my arms. When ever it was time to do the balloon release we gave a whole bunch of balloons to Tyler, close friends, and family and after we said the prayer and sent the balloons to Landry in Heaven it was so peaceful and you could not hear a sound until Tyler shouted Woo Hoo.... we all started laughing and I was in awe by Tyler who had the biggest smile on his face and was staring up in the sky as our 43 balloons floated away. Ever since that day we have decided to do a balloon release with Tyler at Landry's grave site on the birth date of Landry.... on July 24th of this year we will release 12 balloons and on July 26th we will release 43 balloons for Tyler on his Birthday and Landry's Heaven day. Every year on July 26th we will release 43 balloons in honor of our two boys.
I love that we found a special way for Tyler to remember his little brother who I know would have been his best friend......

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

What a great mom you are. You are always in my prayers Holly.