Sunday, January 23, 2011

Phone Calls To Heaven

Tyler: I need to call, Landry.
Me: You do? What are you going to say to him?
Tyler: Hello, Landry... ok.... Bye
Me: What did he say?
Tyler: I need to go get him (so he ran around the corner and when he came back he was holding a pretend baby in his arm) Here you go, Mommy. You can hold Landry.
Me: Thank you, Tyler (I take Landry in my arms).
Tyler: Does Landry have a Mommy in Heaven?
Me: No, your Mommy is Landry's Mommy
Tyler: Oh, Does Landry have a Daddy in Heaven?
Me: No, your Daddy is Landry's Daddy
Tyler: Oh, who takes care of him?
Me: God, our Heavenly Father is taking care of Landry until we can get to Heaven to be with him .

Tyler went on after that but I love how he sometimes includes his Little Brother in his role playing. It had been a while since Tyler had done this type of role playing so I had to hold back the tears when he called Landry, a few days ago. What a beautiful Big Brother who loves his Little Brother so much. I am so blessed they were able to meet.

3 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Both your boys are so precious and sweet. I love the innocence. I'll be thinking of you all day tomorrow! ((hugs))

Ghee and Poppy said...

Aren't we all...so proud of our grands!!!

Jen said...

praying for you- Tyler is SUCH a good big brother and loves his Landry so much. YOu are such a good mother to both boys. Hugs to you dear friend!praying for you!