Monday, January 17, 2011

Landry's Neonatal Crib Dedication

On Tuesday, January 4, 2011 was Landry's Crib Dedication at Scott and White Hospital in Temple, Texas. The Junior League of Bell County raised $2900.00 in Memory of Landry. We split up the donation and gave a $1,000 to Ryan's school Library at Westphalia ISD and the rest went to purchase a Neonatal Crib for the NICU. The Memorial was beautiful, but bittersweet at the same time. The reception was held on The 4th floor in the waiting room where I spent a lot time with Tyler after Landry was born. I had never been back to the NICU since we left the afternoon of July 26 with out our littlest. We did go back to the Labor and Delivery area to see Zoe King when she made her arrival a few weeks after Landry was born. I remember shaking on my way down the hall.
The dedication was filled with several amazing league member, friends, and family. My dear friend, Pam that has truly been my rock and because of our friendship she created this Memorial for our Landry James. Pam said a few words and then Ryan and I decided to ask my Dad to share few words since Landry is Poppy's namesake and he sat with Landry all night in the NICU when the Doctors and Nurses were trying to find out what was wrong with Landry and fighting to save him. All of the words they spoke were beautiful, honest, and meaningful. Ryan and I got up at the end to share a few words about Landry's blankets which I already posted about. The memorial ending with the Director of the CMN and Children's sharing her thanks for Landry's gift. What a beautiful boy and I am so humbled that God allowed me to carry this blessing. I will praise the One that chose me to carry you.
I saw several faces that will be forever etched in my mind. My Doctor who delivered both my boys, my Labor and Delivery Nurse, two NICU nurses who will always hold a special place in my heart, and finally the Doctor who worked so hard on Landry and then he spoke the words to us that turned our lives upside down.
I told Cindy when she was taking our blankets back to the NICU that I wanted to go with her. I am so thankful for my close friends Jen and KC for going with me. Seeing that Hallway and walking down the hallway that changed our lives forever. I remember looking at the floor and remembering how many times I walked up and hallway barefoot. We turned the corner to the hallway that was ours for 43 hours. ... it was filled with several tears, hugs, family, friends, and cupcakes for Tyler's birthday. I walked in to room that we held and rocked Landry. I immediately walked over to the rocking chair where I spent several hours with our beautiful boy. It felt good but the tears fell, after that I walked in the NICU to deliver the blankets and I saw the area where Landry was when we decided to take him off all the machines. That NICU hallway has changed my life forever but it also gave me some beautiful memories that have shaped and molded me forever.
Thank you Junior League of Bell County for Honoring Landry and my family.

Landry's Blankets

Of course I brought pictures of Landry




I am in love with this crib and plaque that will be placed on the Landry's crib.I get goose bumps thinking of a little baby in this crib.

Amy, Stacie, Me, and Pam. Most amazing JL members around.
Thank you to everyone that shared in this day with us and especially Ryan's sister for driving in just for the Memorial. We are so thankful for all of you and everything you have done for our family the past 5 1/2 months.







No comments: