Monday, January 3, 2011

Cookies For Santa

I loved Christmas Eve when I was little girl and I was excited about this year because Tyler is old enough to start participating in Christmas Traditions. We got back from Ryan's parents on the evening of Christmas Eve so I felt like everything was rushed but it was amazing to watch the joy and wonder in Tyler's eyes. I put some cookies in the oven as we unloaded the car and got Ty already for bed in his Christmas Pj's.... I put on mine, too. After the cookies were done we put some red icing on them, and we let Tyler help but he enjoyed eating the icing more than putting it on the cookie. We asked Tyler what Santa would want to drink and he said Orange juice, and of course Tyler took a sip to make sure it tasted ok. After the cookies were by the fire place we went outside and sprinkled some reindeer food (glitter and oatmeal) Tyler was so concerned that the reindeer would be very hungry by the time they got to our house. I of course of Tyler and Ryan sprinkling the food but they all came out fuzzy...
Once Ty was fast asleep we played Santa and got his presents and stocking all ready for Christmas Morning. I loved being able to do so many special things for Tyler that would surprise him and put a big smile on his face.
After all the gifts were under the tree and the stockings were hung by the chimney with care that is the moment when my whole body ached and longed for Landry. I longed for Landry on Christmas Eve night. I always long for him but some times are stronger and harder than others, and Christmas Eve night was one of those times. It just did not feel right and it seemed a little unfair (just being honest). Last year at Christmas I was giddy at the fact that we would be a family of four and our house would be filled noise, laughter, wrapping paper and tissue paper all over the floor, and the anticipation of our first Christmas as a family of four. It hurt that those hopes and dreams did not come true. But as I sat their that night in a quiet house I was reminded by the real reason we were celebrating and the reason is Jesus. How thankful we are that Landry was spending his first Christmas with the main reason we celebrate Christmas. Thank you God, for blessing us with your beautiful Son and thank you for blessing us with our two Sons.








No comments: