Friday, January 21, 2011

Junior League

On Tuesday evening the Junior League had there monthly General Membership Meeting. This was a big meeting to attend because we were voting on Slate (Board Members and Nominating and Placement) for the 2011-2012 League year.
I joined JLBC in the Spring of 2006 and I got hooked right away. I never really thought of myself as a leader but when asked to Co-Chair one our big Signature Project (Divine Desserts raising money- I helped raised $40,000 for the Children's Advocacy Center my second year with the league. From that moment on I wanted to do more and find more ways to lead. I served as Provisional Co-Chair, Membership VP, and currently Secretary.
Late October I got a call from Nominating and Placement stating they wanted to take me out to dinner. That night brought me so much joy and I was truly happy and honored that I was asked to serve as President Elect for the 2011- 2012 year and then President for the 2012-2013 league year. My husband thinks I can't keep a secret..... I think I did really well with this one.
It is going to be challenge but I am so ready to serve JLBC and continue to strive for excellence when it comes to serving in our community. Thank you JLBC for allowing me this amazing opportunity.
Ryan forgot that I had a meeting... so Tyler came and helped me with the Projector. He was a good helper why we waited for Daddy.

Slate and Nominating and Placement: Nicole, Angie, Me, Pam, Heather, Meredith, and Lacy



First order of business for JL President Elect Elect.... Attend the AJLI Winter Leadership Conference in New Orleans next Wednesday-Sunday with the President Elect. It feels wonderful to be filled with Joy and Hope. I am going to strive to work as hard as I can to give back this wonderful organization that has done so much for my family this year.


1 comment:

Jen said...

so proud of you! You will be AWESOME - no doubt! congrats sweet friend :)